Home > Uncategorized > I’m Back….

I’m Back….


……..and all moved in to the new place! 

Overall, I am SUPER HAPPY to report that the move went very smoothly and nothing bad occurred!  =) 

Which was totally unlike our last move in which our U-Haul was towed at the tune of $200 get to it back and several electronic pieces of ours (including our main TV) were damaged during the move.  Basically, it was the worst move ever and as you know from my last post (Moving Day) I have moved a lot so I have had a many moves to compare it too. 

However, the move did take a total of 4 days in all to get done!  Despite the fact that I took Friday, 5/28/10 through Tuesday, 6/1/10 off from work for the it as my husband (who recently started a new position, just last week) could not take any time off so “I” ended up doing the majority of the move on my own.  =O  

Luckily, my husband was able to help me in getting the large & heavy furniture over on Saturday morning prior to starting work and my parents also helped out by watching my daughter & dog part of the weekend and also helped me take over a few loads as well. 

But,  most of the move was all up to me and I made “several” trips back and forth from the old place to the new one over the long weekend.  And, yes as you might imagine I was exhausted at the end of each day!  =O 

Here is an overview on how everything went each day: 

Friday, 5/28/10 

  • Get cash at the BOA for our 1 Month Deposit that is due when I pick up our keys, then head straight over to Publix to get a money order with the cash as the bank always charges too much for them.
  • While at Publix do my “grocery shopping” because I knew I wouldn’t have time over the weekend to do so and I was hoping to avoid eating out too much.
  • Mail a package at the Post Office that I had been meaning to for days.
  • Drop off some boxes to the Salvation Army that I filled while packing.
  • Meet my friend, Amy, at Menchies for a yummy frozen treat and a well deserved break.

My Menchie's Treat!


  • Pick up the keys to the new place and hand deliver our deposit.
  • Back to the old place to sale our old couch & loveseat, which got delayed due to rain.
  • Do some last-minute packing.
  • Get a good nights sleep for the Moving Day ahead!

P.S.  I made a homemade pizza in our old place for dinner on our last night. 

Homemade Pizza!


 Saturday, 5/29/10 

  • Woke up super early @ 6am ready to MOVE, however I vegged in bed for a bit and we finally got up just before 7am and started to move all the big & heavy furniture. 
  • My mom came by and picked up the kids (my daughter & dog) for the day so our move could go easier.  THANKS, MOM!!!  =)
  • Finished with all the heavy stuff just before noon.
  • Spent the rest of the day moving the kitchen and bathrooms on my own as the hubby had to go to work.  I also cleaned our new house prior to putting anything away.
  • Crashed around midnight!

P.S.  My EATS were pretty good for the most part on this day……cereal, grilled chicken sandwich f/McDonald’s and leftover pizza from the night before for dinner. 

Sunday, 5/30/10 

  • My husband worked 10am to 6pm today so I was once again on my own moving wise and made SEVERAL trips back and forth with stuff that mainly included all the stuff in the closets, what was left in the living room and kitchen.
  • I took a break around 2pm for a nice and fattening lunch from Five GuysEven though I know it wasn’t the smartest choice for me I enjoyed every bit of it and hey I had been working from dusk to dawn for the past few days so I felt worthily or at least that is what I told myself!  =O 

Five Guys


  • In light of moving and me not wanting to COOK at all I got drive thru from Polo Tropical for the hubby & myself as the little one was at a birthday party.  I had a small Pork TropiChop with lots of veggies & black beans.

Lunch (Pork "Pollo Tropical" tropichop with yellow rice & veggies) 

  • We were going to move over some stuff after dinner but were both too tired so we vegged a bit and hit the hay early.

Monday, 5/31/10 

  • Up at 7am we worked hard to get the rest of the stuff over to the new place from the old place and completed this job around 2pm.
  • We then headed back to the old place to clean and dropped off the keys around 5pm after we were finished………..YEAH, WE WERE FINALLY DONE MOVING!!!  =)
  • In light of finishing earlier then I thought we would I made dinner in our new place.  We dinned on spaghetti with a side salad and garlic bread.


  • I also had a very “cooling” desert later that night.  A cherry Italian Ice that is SO GOOD……..plus it is only 100 calories & fat-free.  =)


  • We did a few odds & ends around the house before hitting the hay exhausted once again……

Tuesday, 6/1/10 

  • Got an iced coffee and yes a donut from Dunkin Donuts for breakfast………….=O
  • Performed a full detailed cleaning on my Step-Dad’s truck that we used to move, which took several hours but I wanted to show him how much I appreciated him allowing us to use his truck that saved us a hefty U-Hual charge…….THANK YOU, DAVE (DAD)!!!
  • Went for a quick 2 mile run after finishing the truck just before noon and man was it hot outside, but it felt great to run again after several days off.
  • Took a very refreshing shower, did some laundry, put my daughters closet & room together and then headed to Walmart to do some shopping for the new place.
  • Made ribs, corn on the cob and a baked potato for dinner.


  • Helped the hubby put together the garage and then passed out as I had to go to work the next day!

So that about covers it!  Pretty busy, huh!?!?!  But, as I said above everything went well and pretty much as planned so I am super happy.  Even with a few things left to do as you can see below………

Living Room

Dining Room


All and all my EATS were “ok” for the most part during the move as my weight stayed the same as last week as you can see on my Weekly Weigh In page!  =)  I plan to get back to a strict training schedule starting next week so STAY TUNED for that…………

Have a great one everybody!  =)

P.S.  “Thank you to everyone who sent comments for our move to go good as you know from above it did and I truly believe all the postive thoughts helped with that!” 

Categories: Uncategorized Tags: , , ,
  1. June 2, 2010 at 9:09 pm

    Moving sucks. Don’t beat yourself up about Five Guys. You totally burned it off moving! 😉

  2. Suzy Smith
    June 2, 2010 at 10:05 pm

    What type of pizza crust do you use for your homemade pizza? We do not have a Pubix here in Houston. What kind of sauce? Do you use turkey peperonni?

    • June 3, 2010 at 5:48 pm

      I actually use Pillsbury’s thin pizza dough found in the dairy section for my husband & daughter’s pizza and then I try to use Boboli’s whole wheat pizza for me if I remember to buy them. I also use Boboli’s pizza sauce, it is pretty good. I would love to do more “homemade” versions of both but I just do not have the time to make them. I use sweet sausage, not a big fan of turkey.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: